Sunday, November 6, 2011

[Food] Oil-Free Prawn Crackers

It is nothing really great about it, but I just simply wanted to write it down what I found last week.


Actually I heard about it quite long time ago, when one of my friend in Indonesia told me that she cooked raw prawn crackers in her microwave, but I never tried it only until last week.

My mom knows that I like cracker so much, thus she put this raw prawn crackers into my luggage when I went back for hari raya. Normally I will cook it with oil and pan, but because my block pantry changed the traditional gas stove to the heat inducer, so I cant use my normal pan anymore to cook it, and I am so lazy to go to another block to use it. Due to that reason I purposely searched in youtube and I found the above video.

No harm to try, so I tried it the night when I searched the video, and I found some interesting info. By using microwave and place all of the 6 prawn crackers at the side of plate, you can set the timing as 1:10 with "instant cook" choice from your microwave. For me it worked out and I have finished the whole can of first batch cook-prawn crackers.

Since my mom gave me 1kg of raw prawn crackers, so I still can cook it and get oil-free prawn crackers! This way make my life healthier, but I dunno if there will be side effects with eating too much of foods heated by microwave. Will be there any drawbacks to me? O.o

2 comments:

  1. There are no proven problems to microwaving. I've had one all my life. Been doing prawn crackers and poppa dons with no difficulty. Helped with weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard,

    Thanks for letting us know about your years experience. Now, I will be less worried about it. :)

    ReplyDelete