Tuesday, August 16, 2011

[Author Corner] Death and Happiness

People come and go in someone life. One of the laws that being set by nature that I believe.

It is not only about friends that come and go, but also about your family members. A newborn baby and an old wrinkle people are totally different.

This morning, I got a call from my sister regarding a bad news. Grandfather from my father side just died last night, 15th Aug, about 8pm West Indonesia local time. It was indeed sad, where I can imagine myself as my father. The distance between 2 different provinces in Indonesia and no availability of direct flight between those 2 places make it even sadder for me if I was my father. At the end, my father must take land transportation and I hope he had reached at my grandfather place by this post being published.

Within 4 hours, at least there 3 people who said their condolences in my facebook and one friend sent a sms to me

It was weird for me to get such news, because in contrary, today is my little brother birth date (without year, so it will be 16th Aug). I just hope he is fine with my father is not around today and so sorry for him that I just sent him sms after my schedule ended and I can have free time for myself (like now).

Well, for me I just hope that I will not face such things like what my father has for now. I want to be on the side of my parents when they are dying, not that I hope it will happen anytime soon. Or at least I can be there before their burial. In that sense, I can not live so far away from Indonesia, so south east Asia is the only choice for me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment