Friday, June 3, 2011

Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides; Good or Bad?

Yeah! Jack Sparrow, by actor Johnny Depp, is back again to the cinema. Thats the first reaction that I had when heard the news about the latest Pirates of Caribbean movie. But I did not really think about whether it will be a good or bad movie at that moment (a month or two months ago) until I saw my friends negative comments who have watched it (2 weeks ago).

Due to that comments, then I forced my friends to watch it with me as soon as possible, so we decided watch it at Cathay (Map) on 24th May 2011, at 830pm, and yeah we watched it in 3D! My friends kept asking me whether I can reach on time or not, because my tuition usually ends at 730pm at Newton area at that night, but of course I managed to reach it at 8pm. :)

With slightly lower expectation, I watched this movie. Due to my hectic schedule for the past few days before that night, I fell asleep at some boring scenes, when they talked here and there. :(

Overall for me, it is kinda true that the previous sequels are better than the latest movie. I am not sure why, maybe the compositions and the chemistry of cast are not really good enough? I think next time if they want to produce another Pirates of Caribbean movie, somehow they should bring back Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom (I know he only can appears to the world every 100 years, but come on for the sake of nice movie!).

So actually, this time whats the story about? Here is the summary I took online:

Captain Jack Sparrow (Depp) crosses paths with a woman from his past (Cruz), and he's not sure if it's love -- or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne's Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn't know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past.

For those who want to view the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment